PRECISE™ Flake – Epoxy Flake Flooring
Our PRECISE™ epoxy flakes work in combination with epoxy coatings to create beautiful residential and commercial concrete floors. These acrylic and vinyl chips are broadcast onto an epoxy base coat to cover the entire floor. The outcome is a seamless coating that has a terrazzo-like appearance and is highly durable. Unlike conventional flooring products, PRECISE™ Flake is available in a wide range of colors, chip sizes, textures, and blends along with customization options to personalize any space.
Features & Benefits
- Available in multiple standardized size ranges like 1”, ½”, ¼”, ⅛”, etc. that can be combined to create a unique look
- Larger flakes are random in shape and size whereas smaller flakes have a more consistent size and shape
- Can be custom designed to complement any residential, commercial, and industrial decor
- Provides superior abrasion, chemical, and UV resistance
- Does not collect dirt, moisture, and germs
- Easy to maintain
- Reduces foot-traffic noise
Applications of PRECISE™ Expoxy Flake Floorings
- Business Developments
- Automotive Showrooms
- Sports Complexes
- The concrete you plan on applying the epoxy flake floor system on should be cured for a minimum of 30 days and should not have internal moisture
- Remove all contaminants like dust, stains, etc. from the floor to prepare it for resin adhesion. Fill in and profile all cracks and defects to match the main surface.
- Apply a base coat of epoxy. This can be clear or tinted.
- While the base coat is still soft and tacky, begin broadcasting the flakes. Toss the flakes into the air to allow even dispersal. Do not toss the flakes directly on the floor. If you plan to do your floor in sections, divide the flakes into equal amounts to cover each section equally.
- Scrape off irregularly protruding chips and sweep the floor with a broom to remove all loose chips or use a vacuum
- Apply and spread out the protective topcoat with a squeegee. A single topcoat will add some texture to a heavily flaked floor while a second coat will create a smoother surface.
PRECISE™ Epoxy Flooring Supplier in Tulsa
If you are looking for residential, commercial, and industrial flooring supplies in Tulsa or nearby areas in Oklahoma, Resinous Flooring Supply (RFS) is the name you can trust. Our trademark products are known for their performance and aesthetics. Make your floors stand out with our wide variety of PRECISE™ Flake products that are built to last and match your facility’s unique needs.
Other Epoxy Coating Products
- PRECISE™ Chroma
- PRECISE™ Quartz
- PRECISE™ Radiance
FAQ’s on PRECISE™ Flake epoxy Flooring Systems
How long does a PRECISE™ Flake epoxy coating last?
Our epoxy flake coatings can last up to 30 years with proper care and maintenance in residential spaces. However, for commercial and industrial floors that receive heavy vehicular and foot traffic, this duration reduces depending on use.
What are PRECISE™ Flakes made of?
PRECISE™ Flakes are specially formulated paint aggregates that are made of resin materials, organic minerals, pigments, additives, and fillers.
How much epoxy flakes do I need?
This will depend on how much of the floor you want to cover in flakes. A full 100% broadcast floor means you want the flakes to cover 100% of the floor. If you want to DIY your epoxy flake floor, for a 100% broadcast epoxy flake floor, you need PRECISE™ Flakes amounting to your square footage divided by 5. For a 1000 square feet floor area, you need 200 pounds of PRECISE™ Flakes. However, for an experienced professional, this amount should be square footage divided by 6.