EDGEMORE™ Metro – Pigmented Concrete Overlay
EDGEMORE™ Metro is a 2-3 coat magic-troweled or broom-finished pigmented concrete overlay for interior and exterior application. Choose from an array of colors in our Metro line that range from subtle to vibrant. These colors are 100% UV-stable and fade-resistant. Use colorants as liberally or as modestly as you want your floors to look. Draw attention to your floors by giving them a face-lift with our quality concrete floor supply that is built to last.
Features & Benefits
- EDGEMORE™ Metro is one of the most durable concrete overlay options available in the market. It is resistant to stains and etching from heavy equipment or chemicals.
- The colors are UV resistant and will not fade, chip, or peel
- Hides imperfections on existing concrete
- Our Metro line of concrete floor supplies is an affordable option to give your home or commercial space a completely new look
- Upkeep is low, all you need to do is sweep and mop it regularly to remove debris and spills and keep the shine intact
- EDGEMORE™ Metro is best used with a sealant to maintain the finish and extend the lifespan of your floor
Spaces for Use
- Retail Centers
1. Applying the Bond Coat
- The first item to consider is the bond coat and its color. If you want to include patterns in your overlay, the color of the first bond coat will be the grout color. We put in bond coats in the ratio of 250-300 sq. ft. per bag.
- Add the correct amount of water to the mixing container, add in the colorant and the overlay, and mix well. Bond coats are best applied on a wet floor.
- EDGEMORE™ Metro floors are designed to be three-pigmented bond coats in colors that you pick. Between each application, make sure that you knock down the high spots on the floor using a rub brick.
2. Sealing the Floors
- Water-based sealer
- Solvent-based acrylics
- Other sealers can be used if installing this floor on an interior slab
FAQs on Pigmented Concrete Overlay
What is a concrete overlay?
A concrete overlay is a concrete and cement-based product that can be applied over existing concrete to add a decorative look and hide imperfections. Concrete overlays can be applied as thin as ¼” based on your preferred finish.
Does EDGEMORE™ Metro overlay last?
When the right installation methods are followed and the overlay is maintained regularly by sweeping and mopping it, EDGEMORE™ Metro can last for decades. In case of heavy foot or machine traffic, you might need to get it resealed after some time to keep the concrete in peak condition.
How long does concrete overlay take to dry?
After applying the sealant coat, concrete overlays usually take about 24 hours to dry. However, it takes around 7 days to completely cure and for you to be able to walk on the floor without socks.
What is EDGEMORE™ Metro overlay made of?
EDGEMORE™ Metro is a mix of cement, sand, and other additives. The pigments are added based on your choice. The end product is a durable and decorative overlay that adheres well to the existing concrete floor while keeping its natural look intact.
What is the thickness of concrete overlays?
Concrete overlays can be feather-thin which is around ¼ inch. They can also be as thick as 2 inches. The thickness can be customized based on your preference.